Monday, January 6, 2014

2014, Whoa


Happy 2014 and Happy Birthday Grandma!

New Years Eve we stayed up all night watching fireworks on the beach- it was so cool. 

NOT. I guess that was me dreaming. Oops. 

Yes, I spent my second favorite holiday sleeping- like a good little missionary. But, I am loving this new year. Why????? Because everyone is looking for change. Ha! Surprise! We have the perfect change for you. It's called the Gospel.

This week was definitely the best of this transfer. We have been changing a few things around here and its working magic- everyone is accepting baptism- CRAZY. We have been finding God´s elect. And... hopefully we will have a few baptisms this coming Sunday. Hooray!

This morning was so great. Grey skies and pouring like it did when I got here. Man do I miss the winter. Ha, yes, I know- none of you believe youre actually lucky to have snow right now, but you are....

This is the last p-day of the transfer. What. I swear, every transfer just passes faster and faster. So- i will be emailing again on the 15th to let you know what all happens. Really not expecting anything big. I have learned that President doesn't really do crazy things- just minor changes along the way. So... that proabably means I am staying in Prossind with Sister Moore. Only 16 missionaries are arriving this transfer- 3 are sisters. We are back to ``Elder overload``. Better that way. Its so cool that so many sisters are choosing to serve... but the boys need to step it up- it is their responsibility. 

So I loved all the letters- you guys are so great. Holly said something I really liked. She said, God takes us to a wall over and over so that He can help us climb over. Thats really true. I believe in the idea that when we feel that our back is  up against a wall, and we have tried all we can do- thats when we pray that He steps in and He always fits us to the task, showing us the way HE wants us to accomplish that which He asked of us. I heard it said a different way too: That when we feel like we are on an edge, God tells us to jump- and sometimes we dont, because we are afraid we will fall, but really God is only trying to teach us to fly! Thanks Holly for the inspiration- and each and every one of you too. Special shout out to the amazing people who have written time and time again. Some would call them, ``The regulars``... I would also call them ´´the faithful`` : Papa, Grandma, Great Grandpa, Kim, Oma, Jayna, and Holly. And of course, Mom and Katie too. (Dad... you could join this list, you know.... *cough cough * hahaha ). Really, you will probably never understand how much I appreciate it- your words of love, support, encouragement, and advice. I know it isn't easy to write letters all the time- who has time for it anyway? (I am the worst of them all) But you do.... You always do, and I am really, really grateful. I don't even like the words, ``Thank you``... because it just never seems to be enough.

Ok. Stellar quote for the week: ``There is not one of us but what God´s love has been expended upon. There is not one of us that He has not cared for and caressed. There is not one of us that He has not desired to save, and that He has not devised means to save. There is not one of us that He has not given His angels charge concerning. We may be insignificant and contemptible in our own eyes, and in the eyes of others, but the truth remains that we are the children of God.`` -- George Q. Cannon. 

I love this idea, and my prayer is that each of you realize and understand your eternal value and worth- how much I love you and how much your Father in Heaven loves you. He has charged ANGELS concerning you. I find great peace in knowing that because we understand this truth, we also understand that He has charged angels concerning those we love that have gone astray. Henry B. Eyring said, ``My message to all of us, is that there is joy guaranteed for the faithful. From before the world was, a loving Father in Heaven and His beloved son loved and worked with those who they knew would wander. God will love them forever. You have the advantage of knowing that they learned the plan of salvationi from the teachings they received in the spirit world. They and you were faithful enough to be allowed to come into the world when many others were not. With the help of the Holy Ghost, all the truths will be brought to our remembrance. We cannot force that on others, but we can let them see it in our lives. We can always take courage from the assurance that we all once felt the joy of being together as a member of the beloved family of our Heavenly FAther. With God´s help, we can all feel that hope and joy again.``

Anyways, my time is up. But, I love you with all my heart. Don't give up on anyone. And don't give up on yourself- you have infinite worth. If times are difficult- look up, because it always gets better, and God will never leave your side so long as you never leave His. Have a wonderful week. Be safe. Be good. I love you.

Love, 
Sister M. Seal

No comments:

Post a Comment