Monday, September 1, 2014

Hello Beautifuls!

Hello Beautifuls! Happy September! Birthday month of 2 of my favorite people in the world... Kim and Katie! :)
It was a good week. Tuesday was fun! We had to run to another city to hit a few appointments, Yes, we literally ran (in shorts). And coming home, we had to truck though a forest and cross the scariest bridge I have ever seen in my life. My friend/ companion told me, ``don't mess around, there are snakes and crocodiles under the bridge and we will need to move quickly.`` Great. As if I wasn't scared enough!!!! The word ``rickety`` doesn't even do that nightmare justice. But, I am a survivor! Everyone is fully recovered and doing well. Hahaha!

 Miracle: Manoel! He was street contact- the best one I ever did, I think. He started talking about Christ and how much he loves Him. He is probably the most grateful man I have ever met- and when he talks, you know he is being sincere. My goodness, he made me cry on the road hahaha anyways, we went to visit him this week and the spirit was super strong. And Sunday morning, he was waiting out front all dressed up ready to walk to church with us. He is amazing. I LOVE him. 
This week, my companion made me breakfast with a member friend twice- picnic on the balcony. SO sweet. Loved it. 

Yesterday, we had a fireside at the church. We watched the Joseph Smith movie. Man, I forgot how much I love that movie. One part stuck out to me. The couple (friends of Joseph) in the film struggled throughout the whole story... when the husband wanted to give up the girl said, ``Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ?`` That question startled me, and I can't seem to shake it from my mind. Every test and trial we face in life calls upon our testimony of this truth. Nothing bad can happen to us as long as we don't give up, let up, or hold back. He is the Christ and as long as we are obedient and faithful, nothing can break us. (Helamen 5:12) When things are hard, bleak, dark, and we feel broken, we can ask ourselves, ``Do I really believe that Jesus is the Christ?`` And if we can with our whole soul cry out, ``Yes`` then we have nothing to fear. Christ is not only our savior, he is also our redeemer which means yes, his sacrifice forgives our sins, but it also means there is power to eliminate our weaknesses and healing to mend our broken hearts. 
Other miracle: This week one of my good friends, a sister in my district cried as she told me how much she loved me and that i have been an angel sent to her on her mission. Then she said the sweetest thing I have ever heard. She said, ``One day, I am going to take me kids to meet you so they can know how I made it through my mission and so they can have the privilege of your example in their lives. Uhhhhhh.... I just bawled. I didn’t even know what to say. Crazy enough, I’m not buying any of it because SHE is the angel sent to ME in MY mission. Incredible how it works, isn’t it?

So.... next week will be my last email home. I can't believe I am saying this. Its all flying now, I´m going to be in the airport before any of this sets in. :/ So, of course you probably all know but any hand written letters aren’t going to make it to me in time. Thanks for all the letters received until now. I love you all and pray daily for your health and happiness. 
Hope you have a great week... God be with you til we meet again. 
Love, 

Sister McKenna Seal

No comments:

Post a Comment