Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Carnaval

This week was carnaval- we couldn’t find computers... that’s my excuse for the 3 day delay. Sorry!
Great week. We had two baptisms this Sunday! WHOOT! And, the other photo is of my two future missionaries. Ha! Yes, we have another baptism this Sunday. It will be wonderful; it’s actually the sister of the boy that was baptized last Sunday- love working with families. :)
We had a zone meeting this morning- love my zone. That’s the group pic I sent. 
I am going to start writing to missionties to get letters to you all faster. THANKS FOR THE LETTERS I GOT TODAY!!! Papa and Grandma, Oma, Kim, Katie, Holly and her wonderful family (loved the pictures too!!!) and Mom. Thanks guys!
My message today is one I need to learn from.

``We´ve all felt anger. It can come when things don’t turn out the way we want. It might be a reaction to something which is said of us or to us. We may experience it when people don’t behave the way we want them to behave. Perhaps it comes when we have to wait for something longer than we expected. We might feel angry when others can’t see things from our perspective. There seems to be countless possible reasons for anger. But…To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan.  No one can make us angry.  It is our choice.  If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. Anger is Satan´s tool. Anger doesn’t solve anything. It builds nothing but it can destroy everything.”
Kim’s questions?
I got from Prossind to Guarabira by bus. They have a cool bus system here...
Our branch is awesome, but small. The building is beautiful and normal looking.
Our area is all hills and green and horses. It looks like one of the boys´ video games- or Skylars :) It’s mostly houses and not so many apartments, but we live in an apartment.
I am living 15 minutes from the church- it’s in the center of Guarabira- it’s a great place. Close to Acaí shops (delicious). 
I don’t have a good permanent address yet... the mail system for this apartment is strange... but we will work on it. 
My companion is still Sister Mingledorff. she is from georgia. She has 8 months on the mission but I finished her training last transfer. She is super sweet. I like her a lot.
Gotta go- gotta be obedient. Have a great week.

Love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment