Monday, March 31, 2014

GENERAL CONFERENCE IS FINALLY HERE!!!

I can’t believe it.....March is over. Time won’t stop! But, the good news is: GENERAL CONFERENCE IS FINALLY HERE!!! Yes, I have a paper chain in my bedroom, a countdown on my phone, and it circled in bold colors on ALL of my calendars. I don’t think anyone really realizes how excited I am... muahahaha. Stoked. And my request to all of you is that each of you sends me just one quote- (at least) your favorite quote from this conference. Deal? I’m not actually offering anything in return, but know that it will probably result in blessings pronounced upon your head. :)
Speaking of time flying- next week is transfers again. You know the drill. And, we all know I only have 2 months here, so 5 more to go- I will probably stay. Hallelujah- this area is my mission GOLD MINE- we are baptizing weekly here, so I have NO complaints and NO desire to leave. 
I forgot to mention awhile back that I switched companions in the middle of the transfer (well, one week in, actually). You see... we are living with another companionship that didn’t get along too well- and it was hurting our whole district here. (In all reality- the girl is just struggling a lot here on the mission, and it’s been hard on all of her companions) So, I emailed Pres and offered to switch. He called me up the next day and the rest is history. But- companionships are what you make of them, you know. That’s an idea we ALL can learn from, and quite honestly her past is her past and I only care about her future. We are getting along very well and everything is going smoothly. No more problems. Lessons learned: love your companion for who they can become, everything is what YOU make of it. 2 people with the same situation will act very differently- lets choose the way Christ would react. Attitude is everything. Perspective is everything, so let’s keep ours eternal. 
We had 2 miracle baptisms this week- Ana and her daughter Nina. It was amazing. Ana struggles with depression and just wants to be cured. Depression is a soft spot for me these days and thus, I am quite motivated to help her find her cure- the Savior, the Gospel. 
My message today is from Katie Bean. She sent me a stellar talk on the atonement- I was blown away, and have to share. Group companion study?
She didn’t send me the title, but it’s by Neal A. Maxwell. I am not going to type it all out, and it probably won’t make much sense altogether, but I am going to share some of the highlights- my favorite ideas from his message. He said, "There are also our customized trials such as experiencing illness, aloneness, persecution, betrayal, irony, poverty, false witness, unreciprocated love, etc. If endured well now, all these things can be for our good and can greatly enlarge the soul, including an enlarged capacity for joy. Meek suffering often does the excavating necessary for the enlarging.
“Special guidance is found in His instructive, personalized words about the Atonement. As He began to feel the awful weight of the approaching Atonement, Jesus acknowledged, ‘for this cause came I into the world’. We too, brothers and sisters, came into the world to pass through our particularized portions of mortal existence. Even though our experiences do not even begin to approach our Master´s, nevertheless, to undergo this mortal experience is why we too are here! ...Moreover, partaking of a bitter cup without becoming bitter is likewise part of the emulation of Jesus. ... Some ‘why me’ questions would be much better as ‘what’ questions, such as, “what is required of me now?”
“...yes, we need the essential ordinances, but we also need the essential attributes. Yes, we need to keep our covenants, but we also need to develop our character.” 
And finally, Dallin H. Oaks said, “The final judgment is not just an evaluation of a sum total of good and evil acts- what we have done. It is an acknowledgment of the final effect of our acts and thoughts- what we have become.”
I testify that all he said is true. We need to understand the atonement more and more each day if we want to stand before God at the last day and know we have been changed by His grace and mercy. Studying His life and love has brought me so much peace in a world that only offers misery. I promise it will do the same for you.
Thank you for your support and love. I received a bunch of letters this week- and I read every one of them with SO much gratitude. I know I am AWFUL at writing back- but I hope you know the difference you make. Your letters are very helpful to me- appreciated more than you´ll ever know. Don’t give up on me, please. 

I love you all so much. Until
 next Wednesday. Pray everything goes according the Lord´s will, and know that I pray for you all as well-daily. Be safe. ``Be good``- Kim. Haha :) LOVE YOU! 

Sister M. Seal




No comments:

Post a Comment